At The Defeating Epilepsy Foundation, we believe that educational is essential in helping to defeat epilepsy. Along with educating society about epilepsy, we encourage those battling epilepsy to further their education and establish a positive and productive career. Listed below is our scholarship as well as other scholarships available to individuals battling epilepsy.
The Defeating Epilepsy Foundation Scholarship is available for students who are battling epilepsy.
Two students will be awarded five hundred dollars to use towards their educational expenses. This is an unrestricted scholarship and the recipients are able to use the funds as needed to help them with their educational expenses. To qualify to apply, we require the following:
- Student must be graduating from high school, an undergraduate, or graduate student
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Obtain at least a 3.0 GPA and provide the most recent transcript
- List one personal reference and one professional. Professional can be a teacher if not employed.
- Letter from licensed physician confirming your diagnosis
- Fill out application and submit a 500 word essay on what you want to accomplish and your future goals.
Essays must be put into a word document and sent in along with application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject box “Defeating Epilepsy Scholarship Fund” when emailing application. Applications are reviewed by our scholarship team.
Please download our application form and submit with your essay.
Applications are accepted from January 1st to June 1st and winners are announced by August 1st. We encourage those who qualify to apply and work towards defeating epilepsy.